Saturday, July 21, 2012

My apologies...

for not being a better blogger. When I started this journey I made a goal to post everyday and thought it would be a fairly easy task.

Well work has definitely been a hit the ground running experience and I have a greater appreciation for my colleagues who are based here supporting an organization with global headquarters back in the U.S.. Basically you have a job to do in India, but then you always have to work with your partners back in the U.S. at corporate. As you can imagine, this requires phone calls early in the morning and late into the evening. While tough, I love it and the complexity is just another obstacle ready to be overcome.

So once again, my apologies for not being a better conduit to life in India.

That being said, if there is one thing that I apparently forgot to appreciate was how humid the climate is. And I'm not saying this as Superior-ite who has maybe 15 days of difficult heat exposure, but as a now seasoned Texas veteran who has spent significant time boiling in Houston summer heat and a fair amount of time in Atlanta's sweatbox. I thought Houston was humid, but Bangalore takes it to an entirely new level.


Now this photo from my balcony doesn't really do justice for what I'm trying to tell you. I'm honestly shocked that the camera lens on my iPad didn't fog up as I took this. You can literally feel the condensation building up on the fibers of the cotton making up my t-shirt. I suspect Singapore will be worse when I travel there in about a month and a half, but this is still an experience. It's so intense that the smells are even augmented.

The other strange part regarding the weather of Bangalore is that I have yet to experience thunder, lightning or be awake for the rain. It seems like for most of the day it's overcast with occasional moments of the sun breaking through. I have yet to be caught in the rain (knock on wood) and the only evidence I can see of rain is usually in the morning with the wet grounds. It should be noted that this has been one of the worst monsoon seasons in recent Indian history and people are bracing for the economic impact.

So yeah, it's warm (not hot), overcast like a mofo and damp. A dehumidifier would be great for my living space.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment