Thursday, July 26, 2012

Groupon is evil

Word of advice if your future holds living in a country where food is the polar opposite of your typical consumption habits in the U.S.: turn off Groupon. Now I'm not hating on Indian food, but curry everyday and the "veg" focus for the majority of dishes isn't exactly the meat and potatoes I grew up with.

Cattle is scared in India so coming across a burger is a tough task (but not impossible thanks to the Hard Rock Cafe). Additionally, you are playing Russian roulette with your digestive track with each meal. If you aren't sure what Delhi belly is, I've done the search for you if still curious.

But back to the title of the post, Groupon is evil. Everyday I get emails reminding me of the fine dining establishments of the Twin Cities just taunting me about what I'm missing...


I think I could actually get chicken and waffles if I pushed it at my residence restaurant, but would surely get a strange look or two.


New York Pizza. India has pizza but the cheese is from goats I believe and just isn't the same.


Tiger Sushi is probably my favorite sushi spots back in the Twin Cities.


Then the ultimate tease, meat. It would only be worse if this was a Fogo de Chao offer.

So once again, I hate you Groupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment