Friday, September 7, 2012

Portugal is awesome

I'm halfway through a whirlwind 3 weeks that has me going to Portugal back to India then off to Singapore. On top of that I drafted 2 fantasy football squads, one of which I am satisfied and the other leaves some intrigue as to how the season will fair. QBs are key to my fantasy strategy and I've got Brady and Brees between the two which will suffice.


Yes Tom, hopefully I'll be dancing my way to a league title led by you and your UGG boots. Random note, when you Google Tom Brady images you get way more photos of him "modeling" than him on the field of play. Not a good look. Anyways, I'm sure the interest is on how my fantasy drafts from the other side of the world went and more on what Portugal was like so I'll get to it.

Now I debated how I want to share the trip: do I go one massive post or do I tease you with smaller/focused segments like a good blogger. I'll be doing the latter. Over the next week I'll post 5 segments covering the travel experience, bull fighting, dining, cityscape/architecture, random remnants not covered. Here's just a little taste...


All in all, Portugal is a beautiful city and I think I have a competitor to my current favorite vacation spot, Cabo San Lucas. The people were friendly even though I have no idea whatsoever they were saying (damn you, Portuguese!) and the cuisine from Portuguese style steak to seafood was excellent. It was also to our benefit that the Euro continues to get pounded so the sticker shock on meals, lodging, etc. wasn't too bad.

More to come soon...

Cheers.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment