Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This trip is definitely not one with much downtime. Had another long day yesterday not getting in until about 11 pm our time. Yesterday afternoon we met with the Delhi Metro, one of the 5 profitable metros in the world. Very interesting organization with what I anticipate has a very unique work environment. We also rode on the Delhi subway yesterday. Not quite as busy as New York, but amazingly clean for the shear number of people that use it daily which is over 1,000,000 people a day if memory serves me correctly. It was also interesting to watch a pick-pocket attempt on one of my classmates; I'm glad to report it es unsuccessful.

Later that night we met we owners and principals of a web start-up called Gaboli and had dinner at a swanky Indian restaurant called Panjabi By Nature. Very cool place and it was the first establishment where a budweiser was fairly priced.

That's probably obe of the biggest shockers to me, the prices. Granted most of our stops have been in the tourist area, but the sticker shock is still something I'm getting used to.

Well that's I have right now. Another busy day with meetings with the Indian Gov't and then Wal-Mart. Probably won't get in until around 11 pm tonight but I'll try to get a post in.

No comments:

Post a Comment